Sunday, March 11, 2007

Miscellanies

Sorry I haven’t been updating this blog much lately. I just haven’t been in a mood to be online. I’m still not, but I figured I ought to post something, to let people know I’m still alive.

The weather today was phenomenal, perfect in every way. It’s so nice having the windows open, to get the stale air out of the apartment. One treat was the sight of one of the neighbor children in a short sleeved shirt making snowballs with the last of the big, melting drift in the back yard, then throwing them at his mother.

One of my relatives, a young boy with a passion for coin collecting, noticed that the edge lettering on the new presidential dollar coins does not always face the same direction. If you line up a bunch of coins with George Washington’s face up, the edge lettering will be right side up on some of the coins and upside down on others. Nifty. I don’t know if one is more valuable than the other. I’ll keep one of each and continue spending the rest of my dollar coins.

And no, I don’t have any of the rare Washington dollars that are missing the edge lettering altogether. I wish I did!

Oh, and I’ll go on record as saying that I hate daylight savings time and think it’s a ludicrous concept.

Okay, so this post was far more random than most. Maybe I’ll get my act together and write something better soon. Or maybe not. I just don’t know yet.

No comments: