Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pet Food Recall in the News

I saw in the news this morning that kidney failure deaths of some cats and dogs have been traced to certain foods manufactured by Menu Foods and marketed under many brands (37 brands of cat food and 46 brands of dog food). Only specific brands and flavors are affected.

If you have cats or dogs, please go to Menu's website and look at their lists and make sure you don't have any of the affected types for your pets. I saw some kinds I've fed my cats within the last year, but nothing that's in my cupboard now. If you're getting ready to go out and buy pet food, it might be a good idea to read the whole list to make sure you can avoid the dangerous ones, in case the stores haven't gotten them all pulled from the shelves yet.

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/

Read the press release if you want, then go under the product information links for lists of brand names, which will take you to Excel spreadsheets of specific flavors, packaging styles, and product codes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw that this weekend. I found a couple of pouches of dog food that I wasn't sure about because that spreadhseet is VERY hard to understand when you are actually looking at the package. I threw them away anyway.