Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Crazy Things People Do While Driving

While at a stoplight on my way home from work, I noticed flashes of bright orange falling to the wet, dingy pavement beside the dark green Grand Am in front of me. They were bits of orange peel being thrown from the window. When the light changed and traffic began moving again, the driver did not set aside his snack. For several blocks, bits of orange peel continued to fly out of his window.

Needless to day, he was also having some difficulty staying in his lane. At least twice, I thought I would be witness to an accident, when he crossed the line into an occupied lane.

1 comment:

lori said...

Just gotta love multi-taskers. My two favorite experiences were A) a driver smoking with one hand and holding a phone in the other--sometimes the hand with the cigarette touched the wheel. B) A driver doing her hair (battery op curling iron?) going down I-235 @60 mph.