Saturday, May 26, 2007

Moving

Well, the weather decided to cooperate after all, despite the report I read this morning. It rained only lightly once we got started, and before we finished, it stopped altogether, and the sky cleared.

The move in general went very well. A friend of my friend's father brought some of the people from his church, and wow, but were they ever a well-oiled, precision moving team. Their stunning efficiency turned what we expected to be an all-day ordeal into a few short hours. It's true as they say, many hands make light work.

And I got to do my favorite job: standing in the U-Haul and stacking, wedging, and finagling stuff into place, like a giant game of Tetris. I'm worthless for heavy lifting, but I am pretty darn good at packing, if I do say so myself.

But let me tell you, there is nothing like helping someone move to make me want to go through all of my closets, drawers, and shelves and look for stuff to get rid of! So I expect that tonight, I shall be doing just that.

No comments: