Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

This morning, just before sunrise, I stood in my sun room and sang my favorite Easter song. (I confess that I often sing it at times other than Easter, whenever my heart is filled with great joy.) Here are the lyrics. (I hope the copyright police don’t come after me.)

This is the day that the Lord hath made!
Rejoice! Rejoice! And be exceeding glad!
This is the day that the Lord hath made!
Rejoice! Rejoice! Hallelujah!

Christ has conquered death at last!
Left the tomb that held him fast!
Gone the sorrow, gone the night.
Dawns the morrow, clear and bright!

This is the day that the Lord hath made!
Rejoice! Rejoice! And be exceeding glad!
This is the day that the Lord hath made!
Rejoice! Rejoice! Hallelujah!

I’m sorry I can’t remember who composed and/or arranged this particular version of the hymn, and casting about on Google brought me no answers. Otherwise, I’d gladly give credit where credit is due.

Anyway, a blessed and joyous Easter to you all!

No comments: