Monday, February 19, 2007

Watch the Arrows

Yesterday, traveling from Omaha to Lincoln on the interstate, in one of the road construction zones, the curve was rimmed by the usual arc of signposts with little arrow signs pointing in the direction of the curve. Except that a couple of the arrows were backwards, as if helpfully directing drivers to the best places to slide off into the ditch.

Mom and I watched several episodes of Monk on DVD. I had not seen the show before, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Being a little obsessive-compulsive myself (although not nearly so much as Mr. Monk), I can really identify with the main character.

We also attended a tuba and flute duet. It seems like an unlikely pairing of instruments, but it was quite enjoyable. All in all, a very nice day.

On the way home in the evening, I had the privilege of seeing the thin sliver of the bright moon just before it sank below the horizon. The sky had not yet reached full darkness, so the dark side of the moon appeared as a deep blue disc nestled in the silver crescent. Beautiful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Monk too. I've rented all the back episodes from Blockbuster.. but now that I have DirectTV, I am finding out exactly how often they are on TV. If you want the next time they run a marathon- I can record them onto DVD for you. It won't be all of them, but it will keep you Monk-i-fied for a while.